Click on the to see definition, and to close.
1. Bliss; delight, happiness, pleasure: This word has different meanings in each of the three domains of existence. In the mrutyu-lok, which is human domain, its meaning is part of the duality of maayaa which means experiencing aanand will be accompanied by dukh which is its opposite. In dev-lok it has no opposite as explained as part of sad-chitt-aanand.
|aatmaa or purush|
1. Knowledge of aatmaa and Parmaatmaa (Par-Brhmah); true wisdom; spiritual knowledge.
|BHAGVAAN or BHAGAVANT or BHAGVAT|
1 The dev presiding over the tanmaatraa rup (the sense of vision) .
|BHOG or BHOGAAN|
|BHUH or BHU|
1. pruthvi (earth), vishva (universe).
|BHUH; BHUVAH; SUVAH|
1. This is the three vyaahriti (mystic syllables) repeated by every person at the commencement of his daily morning, noon and evening sandhyaa ( prayer).
|BHUVAH or BHUVAR or BHUVAS|
1. The atmosphere; ether; the space in which the universes are located.
1. Brhaspati is the guru of all devo. He was a deep thinking philosopher and a man of vast knowledge. There is no philosophy which is not expounded by Brhaspati to Devo or kings or munio. Every movement of the devo has its origin in Brhaspati as devo takes his advice and guidance in all matters.
|bRHmH or pr-bRHmH or pr-maatmaa or pr-puruSH|
|chkR - in living body|
|DEV or DEVATAA|
1. A god or a deity who is a shakti of Brhmah and thus fit to be adored and worshipped for propitiation.
|DHiir or DHiirtaa or DHiiro|
|DIKSH or DIKSHAA|
1. To give diksh means:
|Dukh or DukhN or Dukh-lok or Dukhaayet or Dukhaayet or Dukhin or Dukhyti|
|GUN or GUNO|
|HANSA or PARAM-HANSA|
1. Brhmah manifesting as a golden egg; cosmic form of Parmaatmaa - Brhmah; cosmic womb; creator of the subtle universe out of which the gross universe is created.
and Aditi and is one of the 12 Aditya-devo. Kasapya-muni was the mind-born son of creator Brahmaa. Aditya-devo are one of four first groups of devo who make the 33 first devo of the Brhamah's creation. The other groups are 11 Rudra-devo, 8 Vasu-devo and 2 Ashvini-devo. The other 11 Aditya-devo are Dhaataa, Aryaman, Varun, Mitra, Ansa, Bhaga, Vivashvan, Pusaa, Savitaa, Tvastaa, Vishnu.
1. A cycle of creation of one Brahmaa's day and night, each equal to 4.32 billion years.
|MAA or MAATAA or MAATRU or MAATR|
1. Mitra is one of the twelve sons born to Aditi whose husband is Kasapya-muni. Kasapya-muni was the mind born son of the creator Brahmaa. The twelve sons are collectively called as Adhitya-devo. The other 11 Aditya-devo are Dhaataa, Aryaman, Varun, Indra, Ansa, Bhaga, Vivashvan, Pusaa, Savitaa, Tvastaa, and Vishnu.
1. To bow down to pay homage, or respect or to worship.
1. To bow to; make obeisance to; to submit or subject oneself in prayers, reverence or vedic subservience.
|nutan varsh diin (new year day) of vikram savant|
November 5, 2002
|om or praNav|
|OM TAT SAT|
1. Explanation from Slok 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 of Bhagvad Gita:
1. Pralay is the time and process of the dissolution of the entire creation at the end of a Brahmaa's day back into Brahmaa. Brahmaa's day is 4.32 billion years. The dissolved creations remain quiescent for 4.32 billion years which is Brahmaa's night and then the cycle of creation starts again.
|PRII or PRIIT or PRIITI|
1. Synonym of Brhmah.
1. Eternal cosmic functional laws including moral and ethical laws based on satya and dharma and vedic customs and traditions as prescribed by shastra; pious actions, modes of conduct which are proper, right, honest, true; a yagna.
1. Progressively collecting, composing and concentrating mind with yog so that ultimately the mind recognizes only Brhamah and nothing else.
sandhyaa praathnaa are essential in performing bhakti through puujaa or upaasanaa or aaraadhnaa, and stuti through manas, vaach and prakrutyaa-jaatit:
1. Synonym of Brhmah.
1. Pacification, allayment, alleviation, removal, calmness, tranquility, quite, ease, rest, repose. preservation.
1. Strong or vehement desire in respecting and revering with trust, faith, belief and confidence in the knowledge of Ved, shastra and dharma as given by Brhmah through shruti and smaran or shruti. Also unconditional belief in any part of creation that creation will function as per its ritt and satya except where free will is provided and used.
|SMARAT or SMAR or SMARAN|
|STHUL and STHUL-SHARIR|
|SUVAH or SVAR|
1. Dev-lok, Heaven, paradise.
|TATTVA and TATTVA-GNAN|
1. The third of the panch-maha-bhut (five primary elements) created from ahankaar after aakaash and vaayu in the creation process.
1. Vaayu (air) is the second element created after aakaash (space) in the creation process from ahankaar. It has its attribute of sparsh (touch) but has an additional attribute of shabda (sound) which is the attribute of aakaash.
1. Vaayu-dev is the presiding shakti of air and all transformations of air such as wind. Vaayu-dev has also been designated by Brahmaa to be the guardian of the north-west quadrant. Vaayu-dev was born of the breath of Vishva-purush.
1. Vigour, strength, energy, firmness, courage, power, potency, heroism, zeal, efficacy, virility, splendour, luster, dignity.
1. Brhmah manifests himself at the start of creation in the tri-murti (three forms) of Brahmaa, Vishnu and Shiv. Each one is respectively designated the work of creation, sustenance and dissolution of the creation of Brahmaa as per the wishes of Brhmah.